Casual Letting Service
Find a quality tenant with our casual letting service:
Here at Spectrum Properties we appreciate that not all landlords require the service of a fulltime Property Manager. With that in mind we offer a stress free letting service which is FREE to assist landlords secure a good, well qualified, quality tenant. Once secured the management of the property stays with you.
How do we do this?
- Your property is advertised FREE OF CHARGE on TradeMe (a saving to you of $99) and on our comprehensive database. Our Trade Me listings consistently remain on Page One of Trade Me.
- Phone calls and email enquiries are responded to quickly. (Feedback we have heard from tenants is that many property managers are either very slow to get back to them or even worse don’t get back to them at all!!!)
- We will show prospective tenants through the property and weed out the ones that aren’t suitable.
- Detailed tenancy application form is then completed by prospective tenants and sent to you to consider.
- Applications are shortlisted then discussed with you as the landlord. We appreciate that the property is your investment and it is important that you have the final input in deciding who will rent your property.
- Reference checks to previous landlords and employers are completed. Creditchecks are also completed.
- Our comprehensive tenancy agreement can be completed on your behalf or alternatively feel free to complete your own if you would prefer.
- Bond and initial rent payment is paid direct to you (landlords have said that other companies take quite some time to pass this on so having it paid direct to you gives you access to these funds immediately).
What will it cost?
Zero, zilch, nothing!!!. The service is free to you as the landlord as we get paid one weeks rent from the tenant. We do ask though that if you engage our services that you work with us exclusively for say 3 weeks to secure the tenant. We will work hard on your behalf, have a very high success rate (over 90% of our properties are let within that time) however don’t want our efforts diluted because other companies also have the listing.
Once the tenant is secured we hand it all back to you however if you are considering having your property fully managed but are unsure consider our offer:
Try our management service FREE for a 2 month trial period. If at the end of 2 months you aren’t 100% happy then walk away, no questions asked.
Frequently asked questions
Why use a casual letting service:
- In a nutshell because we make it so easy!!!! Finding a quality, qualified tenant is not as easy as it seems. I’ve heard many a story from a ‘do it yourself’ landlord who regrets the day they decided to sign up a tenant because they either just wanted the property rented or else were busy and didn’t have time to thoroughly check things first. At Spectrum letting properties is our business, we are thorough, professional and strive to provide you with the quality of tenant that you want in your rental property.
How much rent will I get?
- This is a tricky one as it will depend where your property is, what condition it’s in, what features it has etc. We can though give you a range of other similar properties and let you know what they rented for. We will work with you to ensure you receive the maximum rent whilst at the same time ensuring your property is rented as quickly as possible.
How soon will I get a tenant?
- This will be dependent on the time of year that your property is being rented, demand in your particular area and market conditions at the time. However rest assured we put a lot of time and effort into promoting and advertising your property to ensure it is given every opportunity to rent.
Where do you advertise?
- Spectrum has a database of qualified tenants and we also get daily calls and emails from people looking for places to rent.Your property will be marketed on our website as well as on Trade Me and sometimes Sella.co.nz. and gumtree.co.nz which is a well known website used by those living overseas to find rental properties.
A combination of all these things ensures your property will get not only local but worldwide exposure.
If your property is located on a main or busy road you can also utilize our sign boards which give your property great exposure and are there 24/7.
We will run open homes and viewing by appointment and often do these after work hours and on Saturdays to ensure that no one misses an opportunity to see your property.
I’m considering using a property management company to look after my property, why should I choose Spectrum?
- Property management is a specialized field and is constantly changing. Engaging a specialist property management company who are aware of the changing legal implications, market place rents, rent arrears and inspections can greatly improve the return on your investment.
Spectrum only rents properties, we are not in the business of selling. Our staff are all highly experienced, own rental properties themselves and pride ourselves on offering a superior service at an affordable price.
If you are time poor, not up to speed with the Residential Tenancies Act, inexperienced with owning an investment property or just simply sick of dealing with tenants take advantage of our FREE 2 month management service.
What would it cost to have my property professionally managed by Spectrum?
- We offer the most competitively priced service in the Auckland area and our service is of the highest standard. We charge 6% plus GST with the only additional cost being $50 plus GST each time a property inspection is carried out. Other companies will charge annual fees, administration fees, credit check fees, let fees, maintenance fees, with us there is NONE of that.
My property rents for a lot so the fee will make it cost prohibitive.
- I agree, the more expensive your property is generally the more it costs. This seems a little crazy so here at Spectrum Rentals we have come up with a discounted rate which will make it a lot more cost effective for you to engage our services. If your property rents for more than $600 per week we promise to charge no more than $35 per week to manage your property. And what’s more we offer the first 2 months completely FREE so you can ‘try before you buy’.