Property management services
Spectrum Rentals specialises in providing a full range of Rental Property Management services most of which are included in our extremely competitive monthly fee.
Advertising and Marketing your property
Using a variety of strategies to ensure your property is seen by as many people as possible, Spectrum Rentals promotes your property on industry leading real estate websites, Trade Me and realestate.co.nz and, of course, Spectrum Rentals.
Advertising in local suburban and national newspapers (if required).
Signage can be provided for your property if requested.
Getting this right is THE most critical factor in ensuring the ongoing success of your rental property.
Spectrum Rentals uses a comprehensive tenancy application process which captures the information required to enable extensive reference and credit checks to be completed.
A comprehensive tenancy agreement is completed with additional clauses to protect your interests.
Spectrum Rentals will collect a four week bond and work with the tenant to ensure the transition of moving into your property is a smooth one.
Managing your tenants:
- Receiving and receipting of rent. All money less your investment with us will be paid to you fortnightly on a Tuesday.
- Initial inspection: a detailed ingoing inspection report complete with photos is completed when the tenancy begins.
- Ongoing property Inspections are carried out within 4-6 weeks of the tenant moving in and then every 3-4 months depending on the outcome of the previous inspection.
- Lease renewals: when your tenant wants to renew their lease we will negotiate the new terms (rent increase or length of lease) and arrange the documentation to effect the changes.
- Arrears management: Zero tolerance rent arrears policy. Please note that we have sophisticated systems in place to minimise arrears including, SMS, phone, email and letter based reminders. We also have an alliance with a leading tenancy debt collecting service. Spectrum Rentals starts the rent arrears process from as early as the tenant being one day late with their payment. We will represent you at Tenancy Tribunal if required.
- Disputes and Mediation: Sadly differences and disputes do sometimes occur with tenants. These disputes occasionally result in mediation or an application to the Tenancy Tribunal. We can look after this area on your behalf. If an eviction is necessary we can also deal with this.
Spectrum Rentals provide monthly statements that detail your income and expenses for the month. Copies of maintenance invoices will be sent with this statement.
At the end of the financial year we provide you with a detailed income and expense report for your property.
We pride ourselves on keeping you well informed with all facets of your property and tenancy and will communicate with you promptly in relation to any issues relating to the property.
We deal with tenants in a fair manner and establish strong relationships with them which in turn minimizes potential arrears, disputes and other issues.
Changing over to Spectrum Rentals
If you would like to change from your existing manager to Spectrum Rentals, all you need to do is complete the Spectrum Rentals Management Authority and we’ll do the rest from there.
We will make sure the transition is easy and make a time to meet the tenants, introduce ourselves and complete a full inspection of the property.
Download a change of authority form here